first_imgWestend League Cup Results courtesy of inishowenfl.ieCarn F.C. 4 Carrowmena F.C. 1Carndonagh started brightly and were ahead inside the first 5 minutes when Daniel Mc Laughlin picked up the ball about 25 yards out, advanced past three defenders and found the net from close in. The score was doubled midway through the half after Mc Grenra accepted a pass from Ronan Doherty and finished from 12 yards. The home side continued to have the upper hand and added a third on 35 minutes when Eanna Newton’s powerful run carried him into the penalty area and he scored from 10 yards. The visitors tried to get back into the game after the break and pulled a goal back close to the hour mark when slackness in the home defence allowed Pearse Parkinson to head home. However, Carn restored their three goal advantage in the closing stages following good work by Declan Mc Gonagle Doherty turned and fired home from 8 yards to complete the scoring.   Gleneely Colts 0 Killea F.C.5   The visitors were in the ascendancy throughout and ran out deserved winners as they recorded their first victory on their return to Inishowen football. And it was a personal triumph for Gary Crossan who notched up a hat trick. However, he had to wait until the half hour mark for his opener when he latched onto a ball from the right, rounded a home defender and drove the ball home from the edge to the area. There were no other chances of note in the half. Gleneely started brightly after the interval with Cory O’ Brien having the ball in the net but the score did not stand due to a handball infringement in the buildup. Crossan grabbed his second on 56 minutes when he headed home from 8 yards when he got on the end of a delivery from the left. On 63 minutes John Logue cut in from the left wing, advanced through the home rearguard and fired the ball to the net past Mooney for Killea’s third goal. With 20 minutes remaining Gleneely almost pulled a goal back but Cathal Diver’s header from an John Doherty cross shaved the post. The visitors completed the scoring with two goals in the final five minutes. First Frankie Mc Brearty turned the ball home from 6 yards following a goalmouth scramble and with a minute to go Crossan completed his hat trick from the spot after a handball offence.  Rasheney F.C. 0 Buncrana Hearts 6  Buncrana dominated throughout, were 2 – 0 ahead at half time and ran out deserving winners. The home team created a few openings early on. John Mc Laughlin delivered through the centre to the inrushing Hegarty but goalkeeper Rory Kelly was alert and made a claim. Then the same player hooked high and wide when well placed after getting on the end of a deep cross from Mc Gilloway. But most of the play was in the direction of the home goal with the visitors holding the upper hand for rest of the half. They came close to scoring when Declan Fullerton set up O’Donnell but the latter’s ground shot beat keeper Noone but the ball went agonisingly wide of the left hand post. Then Noone reacted well to palm away a header from Robbie Fullerton and immediately afterwards Kieran Mc Daid was out of luck twice in quick succession after good work from Foreshaw and Mc Carron. Mid way through the half Foreshaw was denied by the legs of the advancing Noone. On 33 minutes Buncrana moved into the lead. Mc Daid was released along the left wing. He got close to the byeline and his low cross found Declan Fullerton who drove to the net from 12 yards for the opener. Within two minutes the lead was doubled when Liam Mc Carron’s excellent 30 yard attempt smacked back of the crossbar only for Mc Daid to hook home. There were further letoffs for the home goal before half time with both Fullerton and Mc Donnell not being able capitalise when excellent chances were created in front of goal. Rasheney got a sight of Kelly’s nets just after the restart but the keeper denied sub Charlie Doherty who shot strongly after latching on to a John Mc Laughlin cross field ball. But Buncrana continued to carve out openings and after Foreshaw and Fullerton came close, the visitors were awarded a penalty after Noone was adjudged to have fouled Fullerton right on the byeline. However, the keeper redeemed himself and made a superb save and then watched as the rebound being driven wide. Mid way through the second half Buncrana made it 3 – 0 when Fullerton set up sub Stephen Mc Hugh to score from close in. On 70 mins the home defence, already under severe pressure, had further pressure heaped on it when a defender was shown a second yellow card. The visitors went on to score three more goals. Mc Hugh fired home after getting onto Diarmuid Fullerton/s left wing cross, Mc Daid dribbled into the area and managed to evade several defenders before scoring and Mc Hugh completed his hat trick right at the death.    Greencastle 0-8 Illies After 2 mins: Greencastles Rory Laffertys inswinging corner was gathered by illies keeper Grahame Doherty then on 5 mins a high ball into Greencastle box caused confusion and Paddy Doherty for illies gained possession and hit a low shot to bottom corner to give illies a 1 0 lead. after10 mins: Jack Keys for greencastle had a 12 yard shot blocked after good build up play from Andrew Mc Laughlin on 25 mins: Paddy Doherty for illies broke on the right hand side and crossed for Gerard Mc Daid who beat the offside trap and gave home keeper Mc Geoghan no chance to make it 2 0 in the 30th min, Illies increased their lead 5 mins later when Shane Devlin broke on his own from midfield, beat off a defender and rounded the keeper to roll the ball into an empty net to make it 3 0 after 35 mins: Greencastle had a chance when Christy Craig raced clear of the Illies defence but illies keeper cleared the danger in the 40th min Illies went 4 up when Liam Doherty squared from the left for Liam O’Connor to score from the edge of the box, on the stroke of half time illies went 5 0 up whe Liam Doherty played in Paul Doherty jnr who calmly converted to bottom corner 5 min into second half Greencastle had the first chance of the half when Michael Barr broke into the box and layed it off to rory lafferty who shot just wide, Jack Keys then played in christy craig whose shot was well saved,13 mins: Liam O’Connor raced clear of the home defence and blasted home to put illies 6 0 up, in 73 mins: Jack Keys shot grazed illies bar after good build up Illies keeper Graeme Doherty had a low save from a Cathal Kelly free lick, then Paddy Doherty for Illies lobbed home keeper after good through ball and then Gavin Doherty for illies volleyed home after cross from right hand side Moville Celtic 2 0 QPS This match was dominated by well marshalled defences with both sides limited to few chances. QPS were first to show when in the 9th minute Buchanan received the ball from a throw in on the right, cut inside, but his shot was weak and did little to trouble Moville keeper McLaughlin. Moville then produced some neat interplay which resulted in Sean Doherty attempting a long range effort which just missed the visitors far post. On the half hour Moville went a goal up. Moville captain Canning won the ball in midfield and chipped over the QPS backline to Boyce whose shot ricocheted nicely off the outrushing keeper McColgan for him to gather and stroke home into an empty net. QPS replied in the 34th minute with Buchanan’s well driven 25 yard free kick tipped over the bar by McLaughlin for a corner.Early in the second half, the ever dangerous Buchanan evaded a host of Moville tackles on the left enabling him to get a shot away with his right foot but lacked accuracy and struck the Moville side netting. QPS had all the concerted pressure at this point and moments later McColgan harried a Moville defender enough to win the ball at the touchline and produce a fine cutback across the Moville goal which was just missed by two inrushing Swifts attackers. Moville attacked with an over the top ball which the visiting defenders missed allowing McMonagle through on goal but his shot was wide of the target when well placed. The game was halted for a lengthy period following an injury to Buchanan and on the restart Swifts sub Johnston had a close effort from the left wing but failed to find the target. On the 80th minute Lafferty for Moville chipped a lovely ball to McElhinney past the QPS defence but his lob over McColgan hit the far post and was hacked to safety. A minute later Moville secured the victory after Doherty reacted well to a kick out from McLaughlin which the QPS defenders failed to cut out and gathered the ball, rounding the keeper and two defenders to cooly sidefoot home from 15 yards to make the final score 2 nil to the home side. IFL SOCCER: WINS FOR CARN, MOVILLE, KILLEA, BUNCRANA AND ILLIES IN WESTEND LEAGUE CUP was last modified: August 26th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BUNCRANA AND ILLIES IN WESTEND LEAGUE CUPIFL SOCCER: WINS FOR CARNKilleamovillelast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *